Apr 27, 2010

It's All in Your Attitude

Yesterday I was feeling a little down. Ainsley frequently wakes in the middle of the night, needing suctioning and is now waking because she is uncomfortable in the cast and needs repositioning. It's not uncommon for Steve and I to be awoken 6+ times a night. I almost can't remember what a solid night's sleep is like. And when you are tired it affects your days. Caring for Ainsley's needs plus two other children can be exhausting and sometimes that gets me down. A mom on the trach forum posted a poll and as I read each question I felt my mood shifting. I was able to answer yes to every single question! It boosted my spirits and was just what I needed to show me that we're doing okay, it's all in your attitude. Here are the current poll results:

My child did or said something in the past week that made me smile.- 27 69.23%
I did or said something in the past week that made my child smile. - 27 69.23%
My child did or said something in the past week that made me laugh. -  27 69.23%
I did or said something in the past week that made my child laugh. - 26 66.67%
My child can do something now that they couldn't do a month ago.- 21 53.85%
Overall, my child is doing better now than they were six months ago. - 25 64.10%
I took at least an hour in the past week to do something just for myself. - 17 43.59%
I did or said something recently to advocate for my child that I wouldn't have done a year ago. - 13 33.33%
I have at least one friend that I can really talk to. - 22 56.41%
I was able to say "That's Me" to three or more of the above statements. - 37 94.87%

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I should take that poll,too. And I hear you on the suctioning...usually it's fine, but on days when my daughter has a cold, my husband and I are up all night suctioning. Which is hard when he has to work in the morning and I have to care for my daughter and son the next day. The things us trach moms need to do! Hope you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete