Jun 5, 2008

Self Feeding


What do you mean you're not going to let me dump it in the chair?


Ainsley has had chances to self feed since she was a wee tyke. Like any new eater this is the result. This time I was lucky and it didn't go on top of the head. I don't let her do it all the time and the reason should be obvious. Contrary to what some people think, I don't actually have my ENTIRE day to devote to Ainsley's respiratory needs, tube feedings, medical supply ordering, doctors appointments, oral therapy, physical therapy and educational needs etc etc. When I am not cleaning up her vomit or cleaning out her suction machines I do actually have 2 other children that also make messes on top of piles of laundry and dishes. This is why I don't really like to make MORE messes to clean up by giving my child with severe motor delays a bowl full of food all the time. I do it when I feel up to it. Anyone who doesn't get that just has no idea what our life is like and should try it themselves before they judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment