Jul 23, 2012

Happiness Week 29

I had a tiresome week and it was a little harder to find the happiness but I did it. Just call me Pollyanna.

Daily Happiness Photos - Week 29

07/16 Water Fight
***
I had a lot of things to take care of around the house today and it was making me a little grumpy but then the kids had a water fight and it lightened the mood. It was great to see them making their own fun at home. Ainsley got in on the action. I was impressed that she was able to use the big squirters herself. She stood at the edge of the pool filling it for hours and got soaked!

07/17 Uno
***
After a long hard day (we had a Neurology appointment, a post for another time) I really didn't feel like doing anything. But when Steve came home at 10:30 we pulled out Uno and played. I don't have a ton of happy childhood memories but one is playing Uno with my sister and brother on the beach at Orcas Island. I can hear and smell the ocean. It's a simple game but it's fun! Years ago I found the Harry Potter version and that's even better for our family since we are fans.  I loved that Evie and Ainsley teamed up. I hope some day my kids remember playing Uno as a family. 

07/18 A Happy Birthday Boy
***
This year was one of those that could have gone bad for Adrian's birthday because we were busy. Steve and I agreed last minute to buy him a new bike. He was THRILLED. And just in case you don't know it's hard to ride a bike when it's too small. Who knew? His old bike was half this size and I wish I were kidding. Now he's riding like a pro. You'd never know he was a city kid with no opportunity to ride for the first 7 years of his life. I think he's happiest that he can brag that his bike is bigger than Evie's.

07/19 The End to a Long Day
***
I was in a bit of a funk this week. I find sometimes I get that way when there is a lot to do and very little time for me to do what I want. I get resentful. Not that I normally get to do much of what I want. I'm not even sure I can remember what that would be. Ainsley came down with a 103 fever yesterday. I felt sick but still had loads to do. Some days the thing that makes me happiest is when it is over. Especially when it's been a hot day, I lay my aching body in bed, the fan is blowing down on me, and the house is finally quiet. It's blissful. 

07/20 When Packages Come
***
Don't you love it when you REALLY need something and you find it on line, you order it and it ACTUALLY comes when it is supposed to?!  In this case it was riding boots for Evie to take to horse camp. We've got a LOT of laundry and packing to do.

07/21 A Bride To Be
***
Don't you love the hope and joy that radiates off a bride-to-be?! This is one of my 4 half-sisters at her bridal shower Saturday. She was glowing. I wish her every happiness.

07/22 No Fuss Pets
***
I've decided this is the way to go.  Bunnies make cute pets, right? Isn't it even better when they live in the backyard and you don't have to nag the kids to feed them or clean the cage? Maybe we give him some carrots from time to time and he'll grow to like and trust us? Okay, so it's not a dog. I know that. But it is allergy free and there are no vet bills. I think I'm going to give it a try. Hopefully we don't get rabies. Name suggestions anyone? I'm thinking Sir-Hops-A-Lot.
**********

I hope you have a good week whatever you are up to. Our week starts out with Ainsley having surgery, a tonsil and adenoid removal. With any luck we won't get turned back (since she had a fever last week). Evie went off to sleep-away horse camp. Adrian is in baseball camp. Hopefully having the big kids occupied will help so I can take care of Ainsley guilt-free while the post-surgical pain is the worst.  Stay tuned for surgical news.

To view a slideshow of the entire Happiness Photo Project click here. Confused about what this is or why I'm doing it? Click here for an explanation of what it's all about.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Some days I just get to overwhelmed and get into a funk. I wish there was just the perfect amount of time for everything that we need to do, but there just isn't. Anyway, I LOVE the picture of Adrian and his new bike. He looks so proud! I hope you guys have a great week. From, Abby

    ReplyDelete