Aug 13, 2012

Happiness Week 32

The days go by so fast. So fast. Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

Daily Happiness Photos - Week 32
08/06 No Drool
***
True to what they said it took a full two weeks for Ainsley to recover from her tonsillectomy (and adenoidectomy though that was less a problem). I was so sick of soaking wet shirts and puddles of drool all over the floors (a child who drools and crawls can't help but leave a trail). Today when I got Ainsley up I could see we were near the end. She was DRY. Hallelujah!

08/07 A Trip to the Library
***
I really love the public library. It's such an amazing resource to have, borrowing books, music and movies free of charge! How lucky we are in life to have such a thing! I reserve items through the internet all the time and then swing down to pick them up when they arrive. My kids LOVE to browse the books, but usually we are in a hurry. Today while I had a nurse I let them browse and took the opportunity to browse myself, in the home decorating section, and came home with about 6 great books for inspiration. This year the kids had completed their summer reading charts earlier and the library wasn't out of prizes. Yay! Bonus! Light up glasses, they were thrilled!  

08/08 Speech Therapy
***
Ainsley missed two weeks of speech therapy, just when we were getting started. Honestly the first two sessions we didn't get much actual therapy done, mostly just went over the medical history. This therapist seems to know what she's doing and I am very encouraged that with her guidance we will get Ainsley eating and maybe even talking.

08/09 A Day At the Farm
***
I packed the kids and the nurse along with a picnic lunch and we went to see the animals at the farm.

08/10 Lunch on the Patio
***
I taught the kids how to make Cesar salad (with chicken) and we ate on the patio. It was a nice little break since for me it was laundry and cleaning day.

08/11 The First Coat of Paint
***
We decided to use the same yellow from Evie's old room (which she misses) for the play house. Steve's work required that he work Saturday even though he'd already worked 60 hours that week. When he got home I went and picked up the paint. Later, he was able to get a coat up before we went to bed.

08/12 Craft Bins
***
I found this tower of bins on the side of the road a month or so ago. I washed it (in the shower) and now it's my new craft bin. My tote was a mess. Hopefully this will make it easier for the kids to do some art projects. And I can find my back-to-school supplies. I cleaned off the desks. We're getting ready for going back to school.

**********

To view a slideshow of the entire Happiness Photo Project click here. Confused about what this is or why I'm doing it? Click here for an explanation of what it's all about.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like all is going well with Ainsley's recovery. That's great! Her eyes look awesome, bye the way. I loved your blog picture of your almost finished tree house. It looks so cool! I had always loved tree houses too when I was little. I liked your pic of Evie and Adrian at the library. I love going to the library! I think it's so cool to see all of the different books and things that they have in there. Anyway, I hope you all have a great week and I am glad that Ainsley is doing great. From, Abby :)

    ReplyDelete