Jun 18, 2012

Happiness Week 24

This week was all about gearing up for the big day....Ainsley's ptosis surgery last Friday. If somehow you missed it, you can find the posts here, here, here, here and here.

Daily Happiness Photos - Week 24

06/11 Die Cuts for Display Frames
***
I've been making seasonal pages for the display frames in my entry way every month or two. I walk by them many times each day and I was really tired of the spring pages (though we don't quite have summer weather here yet).  I headed to Ben Franklin while I was out running errands to pick up some supplies for my summer pages. The lady working there showed me how to use their Die Cut equipment.  It's free if you buy your paper from them. So for less than $1 I was able to cut out the SUMMER letters and the cute little boy and girl. It's so quick and easy, I'm super excited to do more die-cutting. I love my Creative Memories frames, they are magnetic, so everything goes up in seconds!

06/12 Ainsley Got In the Car By Herself
***
By HERSELF! For the first time! I told her to go get in the car. We were taking E&A to dance class. She opened the door, crawled across the garage (avoiding the oil spot) and got herself up into her seat in the car! She even tried to do the seatbelt herself! We all clapped! She was so proud! I could have cried I was so happy!

06/13 Toothpaste Mess
***
WHY would this make me happy? Because I was brushing my teeth and Ainsley pointed to her mouth. I told her to go brush her teeth. She signed "help" and I replied "Go do it yourself." So she did. All things considered I think the mess isn't too bad. The funny thing was I didn't find it until hours later so it was a surprise and it made me laugh when I saw it.

06/14 Sibling Love
***
I love how much my kids love each other. I hope that never changes.


06/15 Get Well Bouquets
***
It was so sweet that Evie made Ainsley a get well bouquet.  It was so thoughtful of her(and Adrian).


06/16 Clean Clothes
***
The laundry never ends and even though it's not my favorite household task I am always happy to have clean clothes.


06/17 Kid Gifts
***
I love seeing the pure joy on their faces when they give a gift.

**********

To view a slideshow of the entire Happiness Photo Project click here. Confused about what this is or why I'm doing it? Click here for an explanation of what it's all about.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED your happiness week blog for this week! I loved everything about it! I am so glad that Ainsley is doing so well and the surgery is done and behind you now. I also loved how well Ainsley, Evie, and Adrian get along so well. It warms my heart to see them be so affectionate and caring towards Ainsley. I am sure you are never ever short of love in your house! :). I also wanted to say, way to go Ainsley for getting into the car by yourself and brushing your teeth on your own! You go girl! Ainsley, you are doing so great, keep up the awesome work! I just wanted to say, I absolutely LOVE your happiness blog, Susan! I look forward to your blog every week. I love hearing about how you and your family are doing. I think it is a great idea to try to find things that make you happy during the week. I hope all of you have the most wonderful week! :) From, Abby :)

    ReplyDelete