May 21, 2012

Happiness Week 20

We made it to Cincinnati safely. I will post a more complete update separately. Why post my happiness post when there are things you are far more interested in hearing about? For one, its Monday. Secondly I had my post prepared ahead of time, I just had to add the last picture.

I'm wiped out. I am not a morning person and Steve made a point of reminding me that with the time difference it is like I got up at 4:30 am. My sister and Ainsley are napping and I'm blogging. What is wrong with this picture?! LOL. But I will be working on my Day 1 Cincinnati post next.

Daily Happiness Photos - Week 20

05/14 Watermelon
***
It's hard not to be happy when you are eating a bright red juicy watermelon! 

05/15 Bunnies
***
The bunnies are back! Not pets.....the wild in nature kind. No care required, though they do poop on my lawn which makes me a little UN-happy. I have a thing....I don't like poop.

05/16 Getting Organized
***
It's the last room in the house to be organized, the garage and shop. It was full of baby/kid stuff left over from our yard sale (yes last summer). It was Steve's last day before going back to work and we wanted to get this job done. (His company closed in April and he starts a new job tomorrow. Just checking if you are paying attention.) We brought a load to consignment (hopefully we'll get some cash back). We took a load of garbage to the dump. We have a box of chemicals to recycle and a box of hardware to recycle at Earthwise. When the play house is finished and we will be able to move some more things out.  I don't know why I like getting organized so much. Oh wait, yes I do....so I can find thing when I'm looking for them. Actually we found several things I've been looking for for years. And a 20 year old can of Glade potpourri spray. Still smells exactly the same and transported me back in time. Not sure that's a good thing. Funny how those sense memories are.

05/17 Mischief 
***
I left Ainsley on the potty and ran to grab something and this is what I came back to! It's hard to be mad when she's so stinking cute!

05/18 The Perfect Cake
***
I've had a lot to do to prepare for our trip so I was rather busy this week and ran out the same day but scored this beautiful birthday cake for Steve's 44th birthday. Chocolate his favorite. Blue his favorite color. With the prettiest little dogwood blossoms. Perfect.
 
05/19 A Quiet House
***
Steve took Evie to a birthday party in Seattle so I could stay home and pack. Adrian went with him. And then Ainsley took a nap and the house was gloriously quiet. I wouldn't want it that way all the time, but every now and then it's great! It was a busy week so I had a lot to do.
 
05/20 Being On Time
***
Almost anyway. We planned to leave at 9:00 but basically we wanted an hour to get to the airport and 2 hours before our flight which is at 12:10. I have a hard time being on time and especially if that includes getting Ainsley ready to go somewhere. And a flight across the country to Cincinnati none the less. It's amazing we were ready to leave within 15 minutes of my planned time.

**********
I will post updates about our Cincinnati trip throughout the week. Stay tuned. 

To view a slideshow of the entire Happiness Photo Project click here. Confused about what this is or why I'm doing it? Click here for an explanation of what it's all about.

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your happiness posts...look forward to them every week. I can't wait to hear how Cinci is going. Thinking of you both a lot this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I move in?
    I LOVE your house. I think this family of five would fit in there perfectly, no?
    The toilet paper thing, never gets old. Rolls upon rolls Gig has gone through, it has started to drive me crazy. I now remove it.
    I Love your organizational skills, I in fact have none. I missed that gene.

    ReplyDelete