Nov 22, 2011

A Tooth For the Tooth Fairy

Ainsley's had a loose tooth. I was a little worried about how we were going to get it out (some parents have SN kids teeth pulled to avoid swallowing it) but it has been loose for nearly a year and I could tell it wasn't quite ready to come out.

Then last week the kids were goofing around and  Ainsley slipped on the hardwood floors and bumped her mouth. I was summoned to the hallway due to blood. The kids thought she cut herself but actually she'd bumped her tooth. Luckily I was able to fish it out of her mouth and all was fine.

I'm just a little upset that my baby is loosing her baby teeth. Where do the years go?

Evie and Adrian were later than most kids to loose teeth. Which the dentist tells me is good, and usually means straighter teeth. Hopefully losing them this early won't mean her teeth will be crowded.

I will miss her beautiful smile. Baby teeth are cute. Adult teeth go through a period of looking awkward for a bit. Not to mention the gaps while we wait for the teeth to come in. Hopefully what comes in will look just as cute eventually.

 Luckily the tooth wasn't swallowed. Ainsley was rather confused about what happened.

Remember that feeling of your tongue in the empty space?

 My little yogini placing the tooth under her pillow. 

The tooth fairy brought her a tooth fairy doll and $2 in quarters.

Ainsley's new toothless smile. Still awfully cute!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Awww Susan so adorable!
    I can't wait for Gage to lose his "gold" tooth. Aye Matey!
    Taiga daily tells me her tooth is loose, it's not. She just wants it to be.

    Do you have a piggy bank? Does she put her own quarters into it?

    I have missed you.
    xo
    All the love in the universe from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so so so so so cute!!!!! I hope you guys are well!! I miss you!!! I had to switch phones mine died and so did my numbers with it:(~wyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. She still has a beautiful smile! I do hear you on the awkward part - Murphy's permanent teeth look huge in his mouth!

    Getting caught up on your blog since I was in hibernation for a while. I missed you and Ainsley! Time to see what's up...

    ~Christy xo

    ReplyDelete