Oct 15, 2012

Happiness Week 41

This week I had 2 kids home sick from school at various times. Then it got me over the weekend.  I think it's ironic considering that I got the flu shot on Tuesday when I took Ainsley to her appointment with the ENT but I swear that isn't the first time. The years I've opted not to get the shot I've fared just as well if not better. I know it'll sound crazy but I do kind of think it's a racket promoted by the drug companies. I'd like to see some hard evidence that they work but I think that's unlikely. Mostly I get the vaccine because Ainsley's doctors strongly encourage us to.

I've had a horrible headache all week, so I need to get to sleep. In case you missed it, here's the link to an update about Ainsley from a few days ago. Have a good week!

Daily Happiness Photos - Week 41

10/08 Peace
***
We had a great weekend full of busy togetherness at Salmon Days but I was happy when the kids went to school and I could get some peace and put the house back together. I bought this CD a few years ago but misplaced the disc. I found it a few weeks ago and today I laid down and listened to it. I felt a little silly at times, but I did feel more relaxed even if it didn't make my headache go away. 


10/09 First Request for Candy
***
Ainsley requested candy, Australian raspberry licorice, at the checkout of a store, for the first time! Normally all those things near the register go completely unnoticed by her. Even though I would normally tell Evie and Adrian no, I was thrilled to say yes. Really, I'd have bought her anything. I didn't even really mind that she just licked it.

10/10 The Perfect Shade of Blue
***
I've been taking advantage of the kids being in school and taking care of things around the house. I bought a shelf at the Goodwill for $3 for Evie's room many months ago, and today picked up the perfect shade of blue to paint it with.

10/11 My Paint Kit
***
My birth father is an artist and years ago he bought me this super nice box full of oil paints and supplies. It means a lot to me. I had a lot of fun as I color mixed the perfect shade of red to touchup the paint on my beloved rooster cookie jar that I've had for 20 years. He'll be looking as good as new soon.

10/12 A Clean Desk Surface
***
I think everyone must have one place in their house that is always a mess. For me it's this desk in the kitchen. It's always covered with the kids' school paperwork, my binder with to-do stuff, items that need to be returned or put back in the car etc. At one point I bought a nice tote to corral it all. The idea is I can just pick it up and take it to the car when I go out, and have everything I need.  It had overflowed.  Now if I can only keep it this clean.

10/13 A Blueberry Plant
***
Fall is a good time to plant things so they can root over the fall and be ready to grow in Spring. I found my favorite blueberry variety, the Patriot. It was the last one in town and I finally got him into the ground today. I'm excitedly anticipating fresh blueberries next year. We'd missed them.

10/14 Being Done with Mulch
***
 Really I swear I was planning on helping spread the last 12 cubic yard delivery of mulch we got delivered this weekend. Since I was sick poor Steve did it all himself but he didn't complain. I am SO glad it's done. Well....almost done. Even that makes 32 cubic yards total we haven't even touched the backyard.

**********

To view a slideshow of the entire Happiness Photo Project click here. Confused about what this is or why I'm doing it? Click here for an explanation of what it's all about.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you about the flu shots, I reckon our family is much better without the flu shots. Thank you for sharing your journey! My daughter has special needs too and it helps reading other families journeys. :)

    ReplyDelete